My Balanced Approach
I believe in a balanced approach to life - my heart is on the left, but my wallet is on the right. This has served me well throughout my years and this is the vision I would like to bring to the Courtenay Council.
"Jin Lin is very involved in the community - organizing, advocating and participating. I find her thoughtfulness and concern for her fellow human beings an inspiration....would be pleased to see her in a position where she has more input into how we operate as a community" - Andrea Fuller
"A person with incredible integrity! Jin will make a fantastic Councillor!" - Connor Gibson
My family and I moved to Courtenay in 1993. Since coming from Taiwan, we have worked hard at fitting in and contributing to our new home. My husband Dali set up T.F. Specialty Sawmill where I worked in office management and international export of specialty lumber. In 1996, we also purchased the Maple Pool Campground which we have managed solely from 2003. We have proudly worked with the Dawn To Dawn Society to house people who would otherwise have been homeless and I have gained considerable insight in dealing with issues of mental health and addictions through this experience. Both of our businesses provided life lessons in dealing with people from all walks of life.
Business and Community Involvement:
- Business (Maple Pool Campsite & RV Park, T. F. Specialty Sawmill)
- Comox Valley Multicultural and Immigrant Support Society, President
- July 1st Committee and Advisory
- Lantern Fest Committee
- Evergreen Club Special Event Committee
- Naswell Christmas Dinner
- Dawn To Dawn Society, support to house vulnerable citizens
- 2017 Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce "Volunteer of the Year"
- Recipient of Courtenay Anniversary "Citizen of the Century"
join me on my journey!
My journey comes from the heart. I want to be part of keeping life affordable for Courtenay residents. but to do this, I need your help!
Your vote is the most important contribution!
Advance polls will be held at City Hall, 830 Cliffe Avenue, and voting will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, October 10th, 2018; and
• Wednesday, October 17th, 2018.